11/09/2024, ONLINE, VIC
WorkSafe Victoria approved
This training session has been developed to provide the information and skills for Return to Work Coordinators to support employers and facilitate the successful return to work of injured workers. Learn about the functions and requirements of a Return to Work Coordinator. Includes updated course information related that became operational on 1 July 2014. Please note up until August (at this stage) - all courses will be delivered via ZOOM as per COVID-19 restrictions. This will be readdressed as restrictions are eased.
Who should attend?
This two day course is recommended for RTW Coordinators working under the WorkSafe Victoria Worker’s Compensation scheme. HR managers may also be interested in attending.
- Legislative requirements under the The Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (the WIRC Act) (and 4 Codes of Practice)
- Importance of return to work
- Role of the RTW coordinator, supervisor and injured worker and importance of consultation
- Assisting Employers and support Workers
- Responding to injury and liaison with the treating health practitioners
- Identifying suitable duties.
- Developing, monitoring and upgrading a RTW Arrangement
- Practical exercises and evaluation of case studies, which require active participation from attendees