25/10/2022, ONLINE, ONLINE
Health and safety
2 Half days (Schedule here)
$330 + GST
The objective of this program is for Managers & Supervisors to develop the knowledge and skills required to fulfill their duties and responsibilities under WHS legislation. Ran via Zoom Online.
Who should attend?Any Manager or Supervisor wanting to understand their roles and responsibilities in regards to OHS / WHS
Course contentA basic understanding of the jurisdiction specific WHS Act and Regulations
- Understand the role and assistance other key workplace parties can provide
- Outline their role and responsibilities as a manager or supervisor and legal duties
- The structure and practical application of an OH&S / WHS management system in an organization
- Application of hazard management using some practical case studies
- Determine, implement and monitor WHS control measures
- Knowledge of where and how to obtain assistance in dealing with hazards and dangerous situations
- An understanding of the role of WHS in the workplace in the prevention of incidents, injury and illness
- Understand how the skills of consultation, active listening, issue resolution may be used to achieve the WHS of the manager & supervisor role
- Explain the importance of providing information, instruction, training, support and supervision to all workers.