- WHS legislative framework;
- Consultation, representation and participation;
- Issue resolution, support for HSRs and managing risks;
- Workplace inspections, notifiable incidents and incident Investigation;
- PINs and directing unsafe work to cease
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for all elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs under the WHS Act 2011 NSW who have requested approved training to gain an understanding of the management of WHS under NSW WHS legislation and their role as a HSR.
For the purposes of section 72 (1) of the WHS Act 2011 NSW, a HSR is entitled to attend the following courses of training in work health and safety:
- an initial course of training of 5 days;
- 1 day’s refresher training each year, with the entitlement to the first refresher training commencing 1 year after the initial training.
Note: If you have already completed the 5 day Health And Safety Representative (HSR) training course you are entitled to attend the 1 day Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher training course.