16/11/2021, Perth, WA
Return to work
$420 + GST
All employers in WA must nominate an employee to have day-to-day responsibility for the Injury Management System. In small business the owner often fills this role. A medium-sized business may designate the role on a part or full-time basis. Large businesses may need to appoint a number of Injury Management Coordinators across many sites. This course targets any Injury Management Coordinators or other employee that has some responsibility in managing an injured worker or developing a business's Injury Management System (e.g. HR)
Who should attend?This course targets any Injury Management Coordinators or other employee that has some responsibility in managing an injured worker or developing a business’s Injury Management System (e.g. HR).
- Overview of the Workers' Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981.
- Overview of effective injury management concepts
- Components of an employer’s Injury Management System
- Role of the Injury Management Coordinator
- Working with key stakeholders, including doctors, rehabilitation and treatment providers
- Role of the insurer – premiums and claims management
- Benefits for injured workers
- Understanding when to develop a return to work program and practical application to case studies
- Dispute prevention and resolution