Return to work
$195 + GST
Given the increased sedentary work requirements of most workplaces unfortunately many employers & employees often do not believe that they are at high exposure to workplace hazards and injury. Recent research highlights the health dangers of; prolonged sitting; overuse activities; slips, trips & falls; manual handling and bullying & harassment, which can all be prevalent in the workplace. This course will highlight these common workplace hazards and provide strategies to take back to your workplace.
Who should attend?Suitable for all levels seeking to gain a greater understanding of office ergonomics and Workplace Health & Safety strategies.
Course contentAttendees will have the confidence to undertake basic ergonomic assessments with their workplace. Source material for the assessments, Basic ergonomic setup diagrams and WorkStation checklists.
- OHS / WHS law and regulations related to the office
- The causes and consequences of injury and personal responsibilities
- Office ergonomics including:
- Basic anatomy of the spine and importance of balanced posture
- Principles of static muscle load and balanced work posture
- Adjusting the workstation: chair, desk, keyboard, mouse, phone and laptops / computers
- Dangers of prolonged sitting and strategies to improve office ergonomics and injury prevention
- Slips, trips and fall hazards in the office