$150 + GST
Course overview: Did you know that 5% of the population, that’s 1 in 20 people, at any given time have thoughts of suicide. We can’t prevent people thinking about suicide but we can help prevent them taking action. Suicide is not about death – it’s about pain. Adults spend about a third of their waking hours at work. The workplace provides a unique opportunity to provide key health information and intervention. Suicide Prevention Australia (SPA) sees the workplace as playing a vital role in the creation of a suicide safe community. The World Health Organisation suggests worker suicide is a result of a complex interaction between individual vulnerabilities and work related environmental factors that trigger stress reactions and contribute to poor mental wellbeing. Employers have a legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace, including managing psychosocial stressors.
Who should attend?
- Employees dealing with people who are may have suicidal thoughts.
- Supervisors and Managers.
- HR, OSH and Wellness Co-ordinators.
- Front desk staff or tele-help staff.
- Recognising the signs and understanding suicidal ideation.
- Guiding you to have important conversations to prevent suicide.
- How you can help make a positive impact by equipping you with words, skills and understanding.
- Other services you can offer.