Health and safety
5 Days Schedule
$905 (+ GST)
JLT Risk Consulting Services is a SafeWork SA approved provider of the Level One Health & Safety Representative training course. The aim of the initial five day Level One HSR training course is to provide HSRs with the knowledge, skills and confidence to enable them to exercise their powers for the purpose of representing members of their designated work group and to help make their workplace safer. DELIVERY:
- The training is delivered in a classroom-based learning environment at a Council venue. The duration of the training is 5 days, each day from 9.00am - 5.00pm. We have a number of courses open for enrolment in both metropolitan and regional South Australia throughout the year. Refer to our training calendar for exact dates and locations of a course near you.
Who should attend?These courses are designed for elected Health and Safety Representatives and Deputies. However interested workers are welcome. Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA) s72, a HSR is entitled to take at least the prescribed number of days per year off work for the purposes of attending a course of training.
- Interpreting the Work Health and Safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of unsafe work