$195 + GST
Managers play a central role in setting the culture of the workplace and their team through the behaviours they model and those they expect of their staff. The aim of this workshop is for participants to be informed of the legal and duty of care requirements for staff within the workplace and to provide measures to prevent, manage and respond to inappropriate workplace behaviours. This session will also raise awareness of the social and personal impacts of domestic and family violence on individuals and workplaces and how to recognise the signs and symptoms in a colleague or friend.
Who should attend?People in leadership roles in the workplace.
Course contentKey Topics:
- Definition of Family and Domestic Violence (FDV).
- The prevalence of FDV.
- Forms of FDV and patterns of control.
- Understanding the impact on individuals and workplaces (statistics and costs).
- Understanding the rights and responsibilities of employers and staff, professionalism and codes of conduct.
- Managers and supervisors roles and responsibilities.
- Formal and informal ways to address and manage issues and grievances.
- Bystander action – recognising and addressing inappropriate action.
- Support services available.