Return to work
$290 + GST
This interactive session will focus on strategic case management, effective early intervention strategies and will provide the skills required to proactively manage more complex RTW. The course will run through real life case studies to enable participants to be able to see the trigger points in the management of return to work. Relevant Legislation and Related Material: Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2013 and Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Who should attend?It is a recommendation that participants have at least 6 months experience in the role. Recommended for experienced Rehab and RTW Coordinators or Human Resource administrators who manage the return to work process.
- Review of the steps of the RTW process and Compliance Codes
- Explore barriers to the RTW process and strategies to improve RTW success for physical and psychological claims
- Understanding common physical injuries and clinical timeframes
- Communicating with treating practitioners and negotiating outcomes (including GP case conferencing and motivational interviewing with injured workers)
- Updates on legislative changes and statistics related to workplace injuries and illness and workshopping effective workplace health and safety strategies.