Health and safety
2 Half Days or 1 Full day click on schedule to view optionsSchedule
$230 + GST
- WorkSafe Victoria Approved
- This training program is run over 2 days consisting of 3.75 hours each or one full 7.5 hour day. It has been designed to refresh participant’s knowledge and skills they require to effectively and efficiently carry out their roles as Health and Safety Representatives.
- Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions, Recovre has been approved to run this course in an online format for the duration of this pandemic.
- Fees include assistance with utilizing Zoom, materials for the 2 sessions, including postage comprehensive folder and certificate of attendance.
Who should attend?Entitlements to attend these courses: Under the OHS Act 2004 (section 67):
- all elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs are entitled to undertake the WorkSafe Victoria approved HSR Initial OHS Training course and choose their training course in consultation with their employer.
- an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected Deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs.
- all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs after completing an initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend HSR Refresher OHS training course and choose the course in consultation with their employer.
- an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected Deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Refresher OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs.
- The Occupational health & safety legislative framework
- Legislative obligations and duties of key parties
- Representation in the workplace
- Consultation and issue resolution
- Designated work group arrangements
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN)