Health and safety
5 Full Days Schedule
$730 + GST
- Recovre is approved by Comcare under the WHS Act 2011 to provide the five (5) day HSR course for newly elected HSRs and deputy HSRs to allow them to perform additional HSR powers & functions as outlined in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. (Approval number: HSR014).
- This course has been designed to give participants the skills and experience they require to effectively carry out their roles as HSRs / DHSRs. HSRs must complete the this course to allow them to perform additional HSR powers & functions as outlined in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- Additional powers & functions that only HSR trained staff can perform include:
- Directing unsafe work to cease under certain circumstances
- Issuing of provisional improvement notices (PIN) under certain circumstances
- Please note you will need to provide a postal address for your Folder, Act and a mobile number to engage in online course attendance. Due to COVID-19 social distancing rules, courses are being delivered online until further notice.
Who should attend?This course is recommended for elected HSRs / DHSRs. HSRs are entitled to undertake a course of training approved by Comcare (as outlined in Section 72 of the WHS Act 2011). Participants receive a Certificate of Attendance upon completion of all 5 days. Please note those who undertake this course must complete all 5 days within 6 months of the course commencement date. Managers & Supervisors may choose to attend but no legislative requirement for these groups.
Course contentKey topics:
- WHS legislation and its influence on health and safety outcomes;
- Key parties and their WHS legislative obligations and duties;
- Establishing representation in the workplace;
- Participation in consultation and issue resolution as a HSR;
- Monitoring PCBU’s management of work health and safety risks;
- Negotiation and conflict resolution strategies; and
- Processes and requirements for the issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing the cessation of unsafe work.